Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nichido Eye Pencil Review and How I Do My Eyebrows

One thing that every girl must master is the way to fill their eyebrows. There are various ways of filling eyebrows because there are many eyebrow shapes! There are many things to know about the perfect eyebrow: the shape, the color, the thickness and whatnot. There are also various ways on how to fill in brows.



Before, I used to use dark gray eyeshadow. It was a big mistake since it was too dark! I thought it was fine since I had black hair. But it seems that even if you have black hair, a little bit of brown in the brows is better.

I shifted to using an eye pencil. I recently bought a Nichido Eye Pencil in Tiger Eye for PHP138.00 in the province's department store.




The product is quite creamy and can be hard to sharpen. However, due to its consistency, it is easier to blend and smudge. I have not tested it yet if it is really water resistant though.

Down here, I will demonstrate how I do my eyebrows on a daily basis. :)


Here is my left eyebrow. The middle section is quite thick but towards the tail, it becomes thinner. (Sorry 'bout the strand of hair >_<)


Using a light hand, outline your eyebrow with light short strokes. The blue lines show how long I outline my eyebrow. If you noticed, I did not fully outline the bottom part. Doing so would create a gradient effect later on.


Using a flat brush, I blend the lines towards the middle. If there are sparse parts, put a few strokes using the pencil and feather it again using the brush. Using a spoolie or an eyebrow brush, set the hairs in place. It is optional to put clear mascara over the brows.

photo taken with flash

This is the final output! Hee :"> I covered my face since that photo shouts vanity all over!! -laughs-

Some suggestions that might go a long way :)

If you feel you added too much of the pencil and your eyebrow looks too dark, add light brown on top.

Also, it is nice to put a matte highlight on top and below the outer half of the eyebrows. It would radiate a cleaner look. I used concealer for this.

Your eyebrows should never be twins. It will look funny. I noticed this when I was drawing using Photoshop and I was too timid to draw the other eyebrow. I copied (duplicated the layer) of the first eyebrow I drew and flipped it to make the second eyebrow. It did not look good. Instead, your eyebrows must be like sisters -- similar but not the same but not too different.

Thicker eyebrows would give a youthful glow while thinner ones would give the opposite. Too dark eyebrows would give you that older look, the right shade would be proper. But I think, it all depends on what matches you.

Next up: I think this is a staple of every KPop Idol and maybe most Japanese gyaru ;)

Until the next post!
Sushi of the Orient

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27.4.13

    this is so helpful! I recently bought the same product and when i'm about to try it myself, it doesn't look right. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Please write down your comments about this post and your suggestions for future posts!! <3 you guys! ^u^